FOREST HILLS (KDKA) — A man has been hospitalized following a fire at a duplex early this morning in Forest Hills.

The fire department was called to the 500-block of Ogden Avenue just before 5 a.m.

According to neighbors, a man in his early 20s was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. He is reportedly in critical condition.

The fire apparently started in an upstairs kitchen.

Neighbors who live downstairs say they attempted to rescue the man, but the thick smoke pushed them out back out of the building. Firefighters were eventually able to get to him.

A dog was also able to get out of the duplex.

Crews were able to bring the fire under control and no structural damage was reported.

Forest Hills
More News from Forest Hills
More Local News

More From CBS Pittsburgh

Get The All New CBS Local App
KDKA Weather App

Watch & Listen LIVE