Fayette Co. House Damaged In Explosion
HENRY CLAY TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — State police say a propane leak in the basement led to a house explosion in Fayette County.
Cal Smith, 26, was working in West Virginia when blast happened at his home on Mae West Road in Henry Clay Township.
Investigators say sometime between 1 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. Thursday, something ignited the propane, setting off the explosion.
No one was inside Smith’s house except his cat which was not injured.
State police say Smith’s home is a total loss, with damage estimates reaching $100,000.