High Winds Damage Armstrong County Village

TEMPLETON (KDKA) — A storm packed a powerful punch in an Armstrong County village.

High winds blew out windows, knocked over sheds and damaged several roofs in Templeton, about eight miles north of Kittanning.

“My husband had just had a kidney transplant and he was sitting on a chair and I screamed, ‘Get to the basement!’ because the whole house was shaking,” Faye Lasher, a storm victim, said.

Residents say they saw the storm coming up the Allegheny River in a wall of water.

“We looked out the window out at the river and it just so happened that it was actually – the water was actually rising up out of the river and blowing up north toward our house and everybody else’s house on up here,” Bill Delaney said.

The storm took shingles off at least eight houses, knocked out car windows and turned over anything that wasn’t tied down.

The National Weather Service believes straight line winds estimated at 60-to-70 mph hit the area.

RELATED LINKS
More Local News
National Weather Service

Comments

1. lilly says:

looks like a bunch of guys got drunk and wrecked a big golf cart, then made up some story about wind.

1. Joseph Puskar says:

yes…nothin happens in thAt town…..its a hole in the ground w a few bars n a trailer park and 100 houses

1. Tiger says:

I have lived in Templeton all my life..or so my address is Templeton…and sorry to tell you, but in actual Templeton…no trailer parks or bars. Too small for a trailer park. And for the people that does not live in the small part of Templeton, but in the surrounding areas..it was bad there too.

2. Nikki says:

I agree with Tiger…It is a very small town it only has a post office…If you do not know…then do not speak…Hope everyone is safe…thoughts and prayers for the ones who had damage…

3. Robin says:

Tiger, my family is from templeton, I spent lots of time there growing up, miss it terribly and think of it often, what street do u live on????

4. Bobbie says:

I think Joe and Lilly went to the same school till the third grade.Templeton is a very nice village

Comments are closed.