Governor To Undergo Back Surgery At Local Hospital

HARRISBURG (KDKA) — Officials at the governor’s office say Gov. Tom Corbett will undergo back surgery at a Pittsburgh hospital early next week.

According to a news release from the governor’s office, the surgery will be performed Monday morning at Allegheny General Hospital to treat spinal stenosis.

Officials say Corbett, 61, recently underwent medical tests to prep for the surgery.

The procedure is considered to be routine, but officials say it will require Corbett to stay in the hospital for one or two days.

After that, the he will recuperate at his home in Shaler Township, and return to Harrisburg by the end of the week.

During the time that the Corbett is under general anesthesia, Lt. Gov. James Cawley will be “acting governor.”

Officials say spinal stenosis is the narrowing of the spinal canal, which leads to persistent pain and decreased physical activity.

RELATED LINKS:
Governor’s Office
More Political News

Comments

1. sammyjo says:

Gosh, I sure hope he has health insurance. Oh, wait, of course he does! Silly me, what was I thinking. Oh, I know what I was thinking. As a former Adult Basic policyholder I was suppossed to get back surgery, too, but now I can’t afford insurance. Thanks, Tom Corbett.

1. Ryan says:

Blame your boy Rendell, he spend all the tabacco settlement money that was meant for Adult Basic.

2. Mon River Towing says:

I’m told they are going to do a spine search. Good luck fellas.

2. adda boy says:

tuff sh!t. Get a job and pay for it like everyone else instead of that 90% subsidized welfare you had no incentive on getting out of.

3. sammyjo says:

Oh, adda boy, you freakin idiot…I DO work…and i PAY taxes since I was 18 and I am now 45.. Just so happens that I have a physical ailment that requires surgery, and, no, I can’t afford the $600+ a month for private insurance. You are a real gem. I guess I have no choice but to go on medical assistance. Hell, maybe I will get full disability and never work again….

1. Ryan says:

Rendell spent the Adult Basic money. It was bankrupt before Corbett even took the oath of office.

4. Fix PGH says:

@ adda boy you are clueless some insurance can cost somewhere between 800.00 to 1,000.00 a month you can’t affrod that unless you are making a six figure salary I worked all my life and got laid off and was lucky to get Adult Basic. I was forunate to get a job that provides health care but for the people who work hard every day and don’t have insurance you are being unfair in your comment to them. Just because you don’t have health insurance doesn’t mean your a lazy slob who doesn’t work.

5. Kevin says:

I’ve had a series of back surgeories that left gave me a horrible disease call Adhesive Arachnoiditis and left me permanently disabled. I’m on workers comp and my benefits will end after 10years its almost impossible to stay on it longer than that. Anyways I’ve been denied medicaid and I can’t afford good insurance on my own. I would love to be a legislator even if they only paid me in their benefits. Its a tough world and life is not always fair thats for sure….

1. K I N D says:

Yes Kevin it is a tough world and life is unfair and I hope you find a solution and I will pray for you, keep searching and don’t give up .

6. LILLY52 says:

ADDA boy. You apparently have been lucky enough to work fulltime where you get health insurance given to you as a benefit. I know many that work full time and this is not a benefit and do not make more than minimum wage. They surely can not afford health insurance. Adult Basic was an option many people could afford to pay for and use. Study more than making uninformed comments.

7. Terry says:

And this is news how?????

8. Deb says:

Gee, my younger brother is going to have back surgery at a local hospital. I bet his name and picture won’t make headlines! Who the hell cares if the
    Gov. gets surgery!!!!!!!!!

9. Pitt Fan says:

The only way this is news is if the prick dies.

1. Irish Eyes says:

That was totally uncalled for! As a Pitt alumni, I am offended and embarassed by your comment. With comments like that, kindly choose a different name.

1. Pitt Fan says:

Well I’m Irish too and I’m embarrassed and uncalled for that I didn’t give you permission to use your name.

I demand you change it immediately.

PS He’s still a prick

2. Dave says:

Why, Pitt Fan, because you’re no longer getting a free hand out?

10. Ryan says:

Probably hurt his back carrying the weight of the state deficit that Rendell saddled him with.

1. Dave says:

BINGO!

11. Cor-Butt says:

Maybe he will have his brain worked on at the same time. Wait he doesn’t have one.

1. YOU'RE A BUTT says:

WHERE’S YOURS.

2. Corbo Dikko says:

They’ll have to go up his butt to reach his brain

12. steve says:

I WONDER IF THE MARSHELLUS SHALE PEOPLE ARE PICKING UP THE TAB

13. I HAD says:

I had great insurance provided through my employer till the Damn Dems passed their Healthcare bill.

Comments are closed.