PITTSBURGH (NEWSRADIO 1020 KDKA) — War, floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, nuclear meltdowns, swarms of stinkbugs, the Pittsburgh Pirates dancing with .500 – could all of this be leading up to the end of the world?
One Christian radio host says yes, and he’s calculated that the Rapture will occur on Saturday, May 21, 2011, at 6 p.m. Are you ready?
KDKA AM’s John Shumway talks to his pastor, Rev. Ron Hoellein, to find out what the Rapture is and if we should really be worried.
Then, John talks to a skeptic, Nicole Currivan of the Pittsburgh Secular Free Thinkers, about her post-Rapture party for everyone “left behind.”
Finally, since pets don’t have souls, who will watch your dog or cat when you’re Raptured? Atheist Bart Centre founded Eternal Earth-Bound Pets, a company made up of people who will not be Raptured, to do just that – for a small fee, of course.
Listen to Reverend Ron Hoellein talk about the Rapture:
Listen to Nicole Currivan and Bart Centre discuss their Post-Rapture plans:
Things to Do Before Being Raptured:
- Wear your finest formal wear so you can go out in style
- Make dinner reservations at 5:30 at a fancy restaurant. When the waiter brings the check at 5:55, ask for just a few more minutes before paying.
- Leave a whole bunch of food out for your dog. Yeah, he’ll probably eat it all five minutes after you’ve been raptured but at least you tried
- Go to the museum and touch everything
- Walk into a bar at 5:55 and yell “Drinks on me!”
- Punch your boss
- Definitely stop folding laundry
- Post-date all of your checks May 22
- Diet? What’s That?
- Withdrawal all of your money and head to the casino