PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – The King Copper River Salmon season is very short, so if you wish to enjoy it, try out this recipe from the Giant Eagle Market District.
Pan Seared Copper River Salmon with Fennel, Radish and Fingerling Potato Salad
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
4 – 6oz Copper River Salmon Filets(skin on)
1 bulb Fennel (shaved)
8 each Radish (cut into matchsticks)
1 lb. Fingerling Potatoes (boiled and halved lengthwise)
1 each Lemon (juiced)
¼ cup Course ground Mustard
¼ cup Olive Oil
3 Tbls. Fresh Dill (chopped)
To Taste Sea salt
To Taste Freshly ground black pepper
- In a stainless mixing bowl whisk together mustard, olive oil, lemon and dill to incorporate.
- Add in fennel, potatoes, radish and toss until all ingredients are evenly coated.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high, once the pan is hot and add 1.5 Tbls of oil.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- When pan is “smoking hot” add 2 Tbls of grape seed oil to the sauté pan and swirl to coat entire bottom of the pan.
- Place salmon gently into oil skin side down and sear for 4-5 minutes until skin in crispy then turn and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.