Walmart Shoplifting Incident Leads To Police Chase

CARNEGIE (KDKA) — A high-speed police chase involving a stolen truck began in Washington County and ended in Carnegie

The suspects, a man driving the pickup and Alicia Serrano, of Abilene, Texas, his female companion, were allegedly in a shoplifting incident at the Walmart in South Strabane Township and took off in the truck.

That’s when the pursuit started.

Police said at times, the truck was going the wrong way in the opposing lane of traffic.

State Police Corporal Mark Bardzil told reporters that at times speeds in the chase were between 80 and 100 mph on Route 19, I-79 and the Parkway West.

He said it’s a miracle no one was seriously hurt.

The truck ended up going on the busway in Carnegie and then crashed in the rear of an engineering company on First Avenue.

The driver then ran off and tried to scale a fence. He complained of chest pains when taken into custody and taken to St. Elizabeth Hospital.

State Police have not released the man’s name.

No shots fired during the chase which lasted about 30 minutes.

RELATED LINKS
More Local News
More Carnegie News

More from Ralph Iannotti
Comments

1. Canonsburg Eye Witness says:

My wife and I were witness to part of this police chase in Canonsburg, PA. The driver of the black pick up truck flew down Weavertown road towards the intersection by the car wash and Pizza Hut. The truck nearly spun out and hit several cars as it turned right at a high rate of speed with three police cruisers in pursuit. It then went over the little hill by the car wash, disappeared behind the building and then re-emerged going the wrong direction on Morganza road – again, nearly hitting another car. The truck then sped back up Weavertown Road towards the I-79 on-ramp while passing several other police cruisers going the opposite direction. Thank God no one was hurt.

2. Ken Armstrong says:

Our church van full of people had to pull over to let them pass on I79 near Bridgeville. The truck was northbound in the southbound lane!

3. Anonymous says:

Yeah the jerk almost killed us!

4. kristin says:

Yeah the jerk almost killed us!thank god thepolice were there to pullus over in the knick of time.

5. joey says:

What a joke

6. robbie says:

the guy made some guy crash his street bike

7. Anonymous says:

We witnessed the truck driver turning right onto the onramp to I79 North in the wrong direction! It was unbelievable.

8. mary says:

We witnessed the truck driver going down I79 North then turn sharply onto the ramp from the Parkway heading in the wrong direction. We prayed that no one would be killed! It was unbelievable. Incredible amount of police. Congratulations to them!

9. Tim says:

I was at home in bed with the air conditioning on. Lucky me.

10. PT says:

Wow, someone from Texas. gas driller maybe? Model citizens.

11. CECIL says:

HE CAME WITHIN A FOOT OF HITTING MY TRUCK IN CARNEGIE. THE AMOUNT OF POLICE WAS CHASING HIM WAS AMAZING. IT WAS LIKE SOMETHING FROM A MOVIE. I AM SO GLAD THAT NOBODY WAS HURT/KILLED BECAUSE OF THESE CRIMINALS.

12. Unknown says:

You should be ashamed of yourself. People like you are disgusting. You need to look at yourself because I’m sure you are a redneck, teeth missing, hilljack!

Comments are closed.