Fire Causes Damage To Home In Mount Lebanon

MOUNT LEBANON (KDKA) — A home in Mount Lebanon was damage when fire broke out there early this morning.

The blaze started around 5:30 a.m. at a home that was undergoing construction and renovations in the 300-block of Avon Drive.

Flames were reported coming from the roof of the home. Also, people living in the neighboring homes on both sides were reportedly evacuated.

According to our news partners at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, the cause of the one-alarm fire is believed to be electrical, but the Allegheny County Fire Marshal is investigating.

The Post-Gazette reports that fire officials believe it started in the attic, causing thousands of dollars in damage and leaving most of the roof destroyed.

The family who owns the home was out of town when the fire started, according to the Post-Gazette.

More News from Mount Lebanon

  • Critter

    Csatle Shannon was there so doubt it was a one alarm fire.There would be no reason to evacuate both sides of the street

  • Mike

    The number 1 reason for fires is caused by electrical.

blog comments powered by Disqus
Bringing You The Best in Sports Talk Radio
Download And Win Today!

Listen Live