West Deer Residents Evacuated After Gas Leak
WEST DEER (KDKA) — An overnight gas leak forced dozens of people living in a senior citizen apartment complex out of their homes for several hours overnight.
It all started around 9:30 p.m. last night when a power outage knocked out one of the building’s boilers.
A few hours later — around midnight — about 40 residents of West Deer Manor were evacuated as a precaution after someone smelled gas.
Port Authority buses were brought in so the residents could keep warm while crews checked out the building.
The leak was repaired without incident and everyone was allowed back inside their apartments around 2:30 a.m.