Cooking Corner: Lemon Cornmeal Pancakes With Duck & Apple Salad
In this week’s Cooking Corner, Market District Chef John Gruver is in the Pittsburgh Today Live kitchen whipping up some appetizers to get your holiday party started off right!
Lemon Cornmeal Pancakes with Duck and Apple Salad
Compliments of our Market District Product Development Team
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
1 box Jiffy corn bread mix
¾ cup Milk
1 each Egg
2 tbsp Vegetable oil
1 each Lemon, zested
As needed Butter – reserved for griddling pancakes
1 leg D’artagnan Duck Confit
1 each Fuji Apple, peeled, cut into matchsticks
2 tbsp Crème Fraiche
1 ½ Tbsp Chives, minced
1 each Clementine, juiced
To Taste Kosher Salt & Ground Black Pepper
1. Remove fat from duck confit and shred meat.
2. Toss together duck, apple, Crème fraiche, chive, juice and season with salt and pepper.
3. Hold in refrigerator.
1. Whisk together all pancake ingredients. Reserving butter to griddle.
2. Set griddle to 350° and let warm.
3. Butter griddle and spoon on 1 Tbls of batter to make mini pancakes.
4. Once bottom is golden brown (2-3 minutes) flip to cook other side.
5. Top each pancake with appropriate amount of salad.