Cooking Corner: Pan Roasted Sea Bass
PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Market District Chef John Gruver is in the Pittsburgh Today Live kitchen this week with a fresh idea that’s perfect for dinner!
Pan Roasted Sea Bass with Frisee, Grapefruit and Avocado Salad
Compliments of our Product Development Team
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
4 – 6 oz. Sea Bass filets
3 Tbls. Market District Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 head Frisee lettuce – rinsed and cut form core
2 each Avocado – Diced
1 each Grapefruit – cut into segments and retained juice
2 Tbls Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil – available in the oil and vinegar bar
To Taste Sea salt
To Taste Freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre-heat sauté/cast iron pan over medium heat.
2. Dry sea bass with a towel to remove any moisture and season with salt and pepper.
3. When pan is “smoking hot” add the 3 Tbls of Market District Olive Oil to the sauté/cast iron pan and swirl to coat the entire bottom of the pan.
4. Place sea bass gently into oil and sear for 4 minutes on each side or to internal temperature of 145°F and remove from the pan
5. Gently toss avocado, grapefruit segment plus retained juice and frisee lettuce together.
6. Serve salad on side of sea bass and drizzle Blood Orange Extra Virgin Olive Oil over both salad and sea bass.