kdka-sm kdka-am-sm fan-sm pittsburgh-cw-logo

Latest News

Fire At Avalon Apartments May Have Sparked In Kitchen

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

AVALON (KDKA) — A fire in the kitchen of a sixth-floor apartment forced several residents out into the cold Saturday evening in Avalon.

The fire started at around 7 p.m. in the Home Avenue Apartments.

Officials say they believe a man left something unattended on a stove, and it filled the apartment with smoke.

“There was a fire in the sixth-floor in the kitchen on the stove,” said Dave Dixon, of the Avalon Fire Department. “The resident knocked it out with a fire extinguisher. We came in and opened up the walls, checking for extensions and cleaned up.”

The residents of the building, including the person whose kitchen caught fire, are back in their homes tonight.

RELATED LINKS:
More News from Avalon