kdka-sm kdka-am-sm fan-sm pittsburgh-cw-logo

Local

4 Sickened By Carbon Monoxide In Swissvale

(Credit: KDKA)

(Credit: KDKA)

Ralph Iannotti Ralph Iannotti
Ralph Iannotti began working as a KDKA-TV general assignment reporter...
Read More

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

SWISSVALE (KDKA) — Four people including a pregnant woman and a child were treated at a hospital after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in a Swissvale apartment building which has been condemned.

Swissvale Fire Chief Clyde Wilhelm says his men responded to the former Longfellow’s School – now an 18-unit apartment building – twice on Thursday.

The gas company had to shut off service to two apartments because of leaking fumes.

The fire chief says he had to declare the building unsafe and unfit to live in last week because the landlord either had a lack of maintenance or improper maintenance in recent years.

Lorie Celani says she’s not looking forward to moving but it seems to be one drama after another and people don’t know what to expect next.

Another tenant, Jonetta McCowan, said she entered one of the apartments and immediately became sickened by the fumes.

Starting at 10 a.m. Friday, housing assistance interviews will be held at the building to help tenants find new homes.

RELATED LINKS
More Local News
More Reports By Ralph Iannotti

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,125 other followers