Crews Deal With Icy Temperatures During House Fire In Mt. Lebanon

MOUNT LEBANON (KDKA) — A family returned to their Mount Lebanon home Sunday to find the outside of the structure on fire.

The home is located on Meadowcraft Avenue.

Officials say extra fire crews had to be called in because of the cold weather.

“We went to a full second alarm for manpower and rotated mutual aid crews in and out as needed to rehab the guys on scene,” said Deputy Chief Joe Thuransky, of the Mount Lebanon Fire Department.

Authorities say the fire may have started in a second-floor fireplace.

The Port Authority brought a bus in so firefighters could warm up.

More News from Mount Lebanon
More Local News


Comments are closed.

More From CBS Pittsburgh

Play It
Get The All New CBS Local App

Watch & Listen LIVE