MCKEESPORT (KDKA) — It’s now believed two more dogs may have been poisoned in McKeesport.
Dave Bowling says his two pit bull pups, Max and Caesar, began shaking and got sick.
Humane Society Police Officer Robert Fredley says that brings the number of dogs sickened to five.
He says of the dogs that had blood work done, the results are similar, but they don’t reveal what the poison may have been.
Unfortunately, one of the dogs had to be put down on Tuesday. Paul Cella says their dog, a 4-year-old Boxer named Vader, became too sick to recover. The dog had lost 20 pounds since Memorial Day.
“He was a part of our family,” said Cella.
Officer Fredley says it’s a mystery what made the dogs sick. He says all the dogs were kept inside homes and only went outside to go to the bathroom.
All the dogs have recovered except for Vader.
Officer Fredley has put up posters advertising a $200 reward for information that helps solve the case.