If you enjoy a nice, fresh salad, be sure to try out these delicious recipes from Rania Harris today!
Sesame Chicken Salad
- 1 small bag shredded carrots
- 10 ounces baby spinach
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin circles
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 4 – 6 ounce boneless and skinless grilled chicken breasts ~ julienned
- 1 tablespoon freshly peeled grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sesame oil
Combine the carrots with the spinach, onion, sesame seeds, and chicken.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the ginger, soy sauce, vinegar, and oil. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss, and serve immediately.
- 4 – 6 ounce boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh garlic
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (oregano, basil, rosemary)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place chicken breasts in a glass pan. Mix lemon juice, garlic, herbs and olive oil in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper pour marinade over chicken and refrigerate for at least one hour. Grill chicken until just cooked through and the juices run clear when pierced with a skewer, about 4 minutes per side.
- 1 pound 18 – 20 count IQF shrimp – cooked and roughly chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups watermelon, roughly chopped
- 2 Jalapeno peppers – seeded and minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper – seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 ripe avocados – peeled and roughly chopped
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 4 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, onion, watermelon, jalapeños, and avocado.
In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, oil, salt, and pepper. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad; toss.
Sprinkle with the cilantro.