Local

Woman, Pets Escape 4-Alarm Duplex Fire In Beechview

(Photo Credit: KDKA Viewer)

(Photo Credit: KDKA Viewer)

Ralph Iannotti Ralph Iannotti
Ralph Iannotti began working as a KDKA-TV general assignment reporter...
Read More

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — A woman and her pets were able to escape to safety after fire broke out in the duplex they lived in late Thursday afternoon in the city’s Beechview section.

Crews were able to bring the four-alarm fire at the two-and-a-half story duplex in the 2200-block of Vodeli Street under control around 6:30 p.m.

But earlier in the day, extra manpower had to be called in because of the intense heat of the day as well as the proximity of the homes in the neighborhood.

According to neighbors the woman who escaped to safety lived upstairs. The couple who lived downstairs were not home at the time.

The blaze was confined to just the duplex where it broke out and crews rotated so as not to become overwhelmed by the hot temperatures.

There’s no word yet on what sparked the fire or whether there are any injuries.

Stay with KDKA for the latest details.

RELATED LINKS:
More Beechview News
More Local News

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,668 other followers