Be sure to try out this delicious recipe from Chef Bill Fuller in your home today!
Sautéed Halibut, Fresh Tomato Vinaigrette, Corn, Avocado Salad
- 4 ea. 8 oz. halibut filets
- 1-2 ea. Large, ripe tomatoes
- 1 ea. Peeled garlic cloves
- ½ C. Extra virgin olive oil
- Red wine vinegar, if necessary
- 2 ea. Avocados
- Juice of half a lime
- Half a jalapeno, deseeded and finely sliced
- 2-3 Tbs. Picked tarragon
- 2-3 Tbs Whole butter
- 1 C. Fresh corn kernels
- 1 tsp. Picked thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Finely julienned radish
1. Remove halibut filets from refrigerator, pat dry, and allow them to come to room temperature. Season filets on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Quarter tomatoes. Remove core.
3. Puree tomatoes by running through food mill. Remember, three turns forward, 1 turn back.
4. Grate garlic into tomato puree using a fine microplane grater. Whisk in olive oil to make a sauce. Taste and adjust seasonings. If necessary, add a splash of red wine vinegar to adjust the acidity. Hold at room temperature.
5. Make the avocado salad by dicing avocados, dressing with lime juice, and adding the jalapeno and whole tarragon leaves. Taste and adjust salt and pepper.
6. Heat large skillet over high heat. Sauté halibut in olive oil. When well browned on first side, turn and allow to finish on second side.
7. While fish is cooking, melt butter in a small pot. Add corn and thyme. Heat corn until just warm.
8. Place a pool of the tomato vinaigrette on the plate. Top with a spoonful of corn. Place fish atop corn. Spoon avocado atop fish. Sprinkle with radish.