Weight Watchers Recipes: Pita Sandwiches, Turkey & Cheddar Wrap
If you’re looking for some healthy lunches for your kids as they prepare to go back to school, be sure to try these two out from Weight Watchers!
Stoplight Pita Sandwiches:
Kids love miniatures and this spread makes a delicious sandwich packed with protein and veggies.
- 1 cup farmer cheese
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup shredded, reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, trimmed and diced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 mini whole wheat pita breads, halved
Stir the farmer cheese, bell peppers, cheddar, scallions, and black pepper together in a medium bowl. Divide the mixture among the pita halves.
Per serving (2 pita halves) : 251 cal,
Turkey and Cheddar Wrap
PointsPlus Value 7
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 0 min
- 1 1/2 Tbsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 tsp mustard, coarse-grain
- 2 medium whole wheat tortilla(s), warmed according to package directions
- 4 oz cooked turkey breast with skin, chopped
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), diced
- 2 Tbsp uncooked red onion(s), diced
- 1 cup(s) fresh lettuce
- 3 Tbsp low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese, sharp-variety
In a small cup, combine mayonnaise and mustard. Lay tortillas on a cutting board; spread with mustard mixture. Top tortillas with turkey, placing it about 1-inch from edges; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top turkey with tomatoes, onion, lettuce and cheese. Tuck in sides of tortilla and then roll it up tightly; cut in half on a diagonal. Yields 2 halves per serving
Of course, a key ingredient to feeding our kids in a healthy way is having access to nutritious foods.
• That’s the goal of the 5th Annual Lose For Good campaign. As members and subscribers lose weight, Weight Watchers donates up to one million dollars to hunger fighting organizations.
• Since Lose For Good started in 2008, Weight Watchers members in the Pittsburgh area, and across the country, have donated over 5.6 million pounds of food to local food pantries.
• This year, Weight Watchers will hold a special one-day food drive on September 15th to benefit local food banks and to help fight hunger right here in our own community. There will be a very special one day joining offer, prizes, refreshments, recipes and more
• When donating to the food bank …think about nutritious options like peanut butter, tuna, vegetables-things that can help others eat healthy,