If you’re looking for some healthy lunches for your kids as they prepare to go back to school, be sure to try these two out from Weight Watchers!
Stoplight Pita Sandwiches:
Kids love miniatures and this spread makes a delicious sandwich packed with protein and veggies.
- 1 cup farmer cheese
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup shredded, reduced fat cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, trimmed and diced
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 mini whole wheat pita breads, halved
Stir the farmer cheese, bell peppers, cheddar, scallions, and black pepper together in a medium bowl. Divide the mixture among the pita halves.
Per serving (2 pita halves) : 251 cal,
Turkey and Cheddar Wrap
PointsPlus Value 7
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 0 min
- 1 1/2 Tbsp reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 2 tsp mustard, coarse-grain
- 2 medium whole wheat tortilla(s), warmed according to package directions
- 4 oz cooked turkey breast with skin, chopped
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), diced
- 2 Tbsp uncooked red onion(s), diced
- 1 cup(s) fresh lettuce
- 3 Tbsp low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese, sharp-variety
In a small cup, combine mayonnaise and mustard. Lay tortillas on a cutting board; spread with mustard mixture. Top tortillas with turkey, placing it about 1-inch from edges; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top turkey with tomatoes, onion, lettuce and cheese. Tuck in sides of tortilla and then roll it up tightly; cut in half on a diagonal. Yields 2 halves per serving
Of course, a key ingredient to feeding our kids in a healthy way is having access to nutritious foods.
• That’s the goal of the 5th Annual Lose For Good campaign. As members and subscribers lose weight, Weight Watchers donates up to one million dollars to hunger fighting organizations.
• Since Lose For Good started in 2008, Weight Watchers members in the Pittsburgh area, and across the country, have donated over 5.6 million pounds of food to local food pantries.
• This year, Weight Watchers will hold a special one-day food drive on September 15th to benefit local food banks and to help fight hunger right here in our own community. There will be a very special one day joining offer, prizes, refreshments, recipes and more
• When donating to the food bank …think about nutritious options like peanut butter, tuna, vegetables-things that can help others eat healthy,