kdka-sm kdka-am-sm fan-sm pittsburgh-cw-logo

Local

Vigil Held For New Castle Shooting Victim

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

Ralph Iannotti Ralph Iannotti
Ralph Iannotti began working as a KDKA-TV general assignment reporter...
Read More

Get Breaking News First

Receive News, Politics, and Entertainment Headlines Each Morning.
Sign Up

NEW CASTLE (KDKA) — It’s been exactly one year since a deadly road rage incident in New Castle. On Thursday night, the victim was remembered by his family and friends.

“There really isn’t a lot to say besides that he’s missed,” one relative says. “It still hurts every day.”

A small memorial and several candles marked the spot where 31-year-old, Gordon Reese, Jr. was gunned down one year ago.

Reese’s 9-year-old son, Logan, attended the memorial with other family members as they marked the sad anniversary.

It was on August 30, 2011 when Reese was shot after he yelled at a speeding driver to slow down.

The driver stopped and got out of his car. The two exchanged words and Reese was shot in the chest.

The suspect, 19-year-old Marcus Solomon, admitted to the shooting. Solomon explained says he saw something shiny in Reese’s hand and he fired the fatal shot.

Earlier in the evening, relatives and friends gathered outside of the home where Reese lived with his mother. They sent up a small memorial with candles and signed a card demanding justice.

The victim’s father made it clear as to what he wants to see happen to Solomon when he goes to trial.

“I want nothing short of the death penalty,” the victim’s father, Gordon Reese Sr. says. “Will I get it? Probably not. But that’s what I want. That was my only son. He left behind two boys.”

Marcus Solomon awaits trial at the Lawrence County Jail.

RELATED LINKS:
More Latest News
More Local News

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,125 other followers