Woman Injured In Moon Township Fire
CORAOPOLIS (KDKA) — A fire sent crews to a condominium complex in Moon Township early this afternoon.
The fire broke out around 12 p.m. at the Forest Glen Condominiums off of Beaver Grade Road.
Flames burned a hole in the roof and one woman was burned trying to put out the flames.
The fire started in the upstairs bedroom of one of the units. Emergency crews feared the fire was spreading.
“Police arrived before we did,” Moon Township Fire Chief John Scott. “They started knocking on the doors of all the apartments to get the residents out which they did. Everybody got out of the building.”
A woman who was inside the burning condo went to the hospital with burns on her hand.
The six adjacent condos were saved. The fire chief credits the township’s building code.
“We have fire walls in each individual unit that go from floor to ceiling and that prevented the spread of the fire,” Chief Scott said.
The family affected by the fire does have renter’s insurance.
Stay with KDKA for the latest details.