PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Food and football – they good hand in hand. And here in Steelers Country, lots of families and friends gather together to watch the games.
The Diva Chef Elise Wims stops by the Pittsburgh Today Live kitchen with some great ideas for game-day food that everyone at your next gathering will be sure to love!
Skillet Pizza with Shrimp, Leeks, and Crimini Mushrooms, and Fontina Cheese
- 2 cups of grated fontina cheese
- 2 cups of leeks julienne, white and pale green parts only
- 1 cup of crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 lb of raw pizza dough (market district)
- 15 large shrimp, cut into 3 pieces each
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1lemon, halved
- 1stick of butter, cut into pats
- Fresh minced parsley
Using a pastry brush, oil your cast iron skillet.
Press fresh pizza dough into skillet all the way to edge.
Using a fork, mark the center of your dough
Brush olive oil around the outside rim of the dough forming crust. Set aside
In a sauté pan, begin to swear your leeks. Add mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper, and continue to cook until mushrooms are fork tender.
Place your skillet, with dough on a burner. Layer with half of the fontina cheese, and then leek, and mushroom mixture. And then top with remaining fontina cheese.
Turn the stovetop burner on med high heat and begin to brown your crust on the bottom.
Transfer pan to a 400 degree oven and cook until crust is brown and crispy, and cheese is melted.
Meanwhile, in a sauté pan, begin to sauté your shrimp, in 1/4 cup of butter, once shrimp begin to turn pink, season with salt and pepper, and a squeeze of fresh lemon and a dash of fresh parsley.
Top cooked pizza, with shrimp mixture, and serve!
Lemony Thyme Chicken Wings
- 4 pounds chicken wings, wing tips removed, separated at the joints
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons powdered thyme.
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 500 F.
Line large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. In large mixing bowl, combine wings and lemon juice and mix thoroughly. Add pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. While crushing between your fingers, add thyme. Mix again and add cayenne and butter. Mix thoroughly, then transfer wings to baking sheet and arrange in one layer. Roast in oven for 10 minutes, rotate pan and cook 10 minutes longer until wings are nicely browned and cooked through.
Makes: 4 to 6 servings