PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Impress your friends at your next football-watch party with this recipe from Rania Harris!
This week on the Steelers Huddle, Rania is making Turkey Burgers with Creole Gravy in the Heinz Red Zone!
Don’t forget to tune into the Steelers Huddle show each Saturday after the 11 p.m. news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
STEELERS HUDDLE “Heinz Red Zone Recipe”: Turkey Burgers with Creole Gravy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced green peppers
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fire roasteddiced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (12 oz.) Heinz® HomeStyle Turkey Gravy
- 3 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (16 oz.) Butterball® Fresh All Natural Turkey Burger Patties
- 4 slice diagonally sliced warm french bread
- For creole Gravy, melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan on medium-high heat. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in peppers, onions and celery. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, gravy, Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray medium skillet with cooking spray. Heat on medium heat. Add turkey burgers. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning half way through cooking time until burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degress F.
- For each serving, place 1 slice of bread on a plate. Top with cooked burger and some of the creole gravy.