PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Chill out and enjoy the game with another delicious recipe from Rania Harris!
This week on the Steelers Huddle, Rania is making Game Day Chili in the Heinz Red Zone!
Don’t forget to tune into the Steelers Huddle show each Saturday after the 11 p.m. news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
STEELERS HUDDLE “Heinz Red Zone Recipe”: Game Day Chili
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 16-ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup Heinz Chili Sauce
- ¼ cup Ancho chili powder
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 – 15-ounce cans Heinz Vegetarian beans, partially drained
In a large pot, cook lean ground beef in vegetable oil until browned. Add onions and green pepper and brown lightly.
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, Heinz Chili Sauce, Ancho chili powder, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add 2 cans Heinz Vegetarian beans to the pot and simmer an additional 10 minutes.