Hungry Girl Recipes Featured On PTL
If you’re looking for some delicious new dishes to try out in your home, be sure to try these out from Hungry Girl!
Classic Cinnalicious French Toast Nuggets
Entire recipe (8 nuggets): 147 calories, 4.5g fat, 360mg sodium, 19.5g carbs, 5g fiber, 3g sugars, 10g protein
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar-free French vanilla powdered creamer
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 light hot dog bun
- 2 teaspoons light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- Optional topping: sugar-free pancake syrup
In a wide bowl, mix powdered creamer with 1⁄2 tablespoon hot water and stir to dissolve.
Add egg substitute and cinnamon. Stir well.
Split bun in half. Cut each half widthwise into 4 pieces, leaving you with 8 “nuggets.”
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add butter and let it coat the bottom. Meanwhile, coat nuggets on all sides with egg mixture.
Cook nuggets, flipping occasionally, until golden brown on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes. Enjoy!
Makes 1 Serving
Hungry Cowgirl Onion Rings
1⁄2 of recipe (about 15 rings): 148 calories, 3g fat, 441mg sodium, 34g carbs, 8.5g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 5g protein
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄2 cup Fiber One Original bran cereal
- 1 ounce (about 15) reduced-fat BBQ-flavored potato chips
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ranch dressing/dip seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce with 45 calories or less per 2-tablespoon serving
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray.
• Slice off onion’s ends and remove outer layer. Cut into 1⁄2-inch-wide slices, and separate into rings.
• In a blender or food processor, grind cereal and chips into crumbs. Transfer to a wide bowl and mix in minced onion and ranch mix.
• In another wide bowl, whisk egg substitute with BBQ sauce. One at a time, dunk rings in the egg mixture, shake to remove excess, and coat with crumbs. Evenly lay rings on the baking sheets.
• Bake for 10 minutes. Flip rings. Continue to bake until outside is crispy and inside is soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Chew, you!
Makes 2 Servings
Diet Soda Cake
- 1⁄12th of cake: 171 calories, 3.5g fat, 301mg sodium, 34g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 19g sugars, 1.5g protein
- 1 box moist-style cake mix (15.25 to 18.25 ounces)
- One 12-ounce can diet soda
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
• In a large bowl, whisk cake mix with soda until smooth. Pour into the baking pan.
• Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
• Slice and enjoy!
Makes 12 Servings
Red Hot Apple Pie in a Cup
Entire recipe: 140 calories, 0.5g fat, 44mg sodium, 47g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 24.5g sugars, 0.5g protein
- 1 medium Fuji apple, cored and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 12 to 15 pieces Red Hots Cinnamon Flavored Candy
- 2 low-fat cinnamon graham crackers (1⁄2 sheet), crushed
- 2 tablespoons Fat Free Reddi-wip
- Dash cinnamon
• Place apple cubes in a microwave-safe cup or mug. Top with Red Hots—the more you use, the hotter the results! Cover and microwave for 2 minutes.
• Stir well. Re-cover and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, until apple cubes are soft.
• Mix well. Let cool.
• Top with crushed graham crackers, Reddi-wip, and cinnamon. Voila!
Makes 1 Serving
Sausage-Loaded Pizza Bellas
1⁄2 of recipe (1 pizza-bella): 189 calories, 6.5g fat, 565mg sodium, 14g carbs, 3g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 17g protein
- 2 sticks light string cheese
- 2 large portabella mushrooms, stems
- chopped and reserved
- 2 frozen meatless or turkey sausage patties
- with 80 calories or less each
- 1⁄4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- Optional toppings: garlic powder, red pepper flakes
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
• Break each string cheese stick into thirds and place in a blender or food processor—blend at high speed until shredded. (Or pull into shreds and roughly chop.)
• Place mushroom caps on the sheet, rounded sides down. Bake until slightly tender, about 8 minutes. Remove sheet, but leave oven on.
• Meanwhile, bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook sausage patties for 4 minutes. Flip patties and add pepper, onion, and mushroom stems. Cook, stirring veggies, until sausage patties are cooked through and veggies are slightly softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
• Transfer cooked chopped veggies to a medium bowl and blot away excess moisture. Chop or crumble sausage.
• Blot away excess moisture from mushroom caps. Spread with pizza sauce, sprinkle with shredded string cheese, and top with cooked veggies and sausage.
• Bake until mushrooms are tender, filling is hot, and string cheese has melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Makes 2 Servings