If you’re looking for some delicious new dishes to try out in your home, be sure to try these out from Hungry Girl!
Classic Cinnalicious French Toast Nuggets
Entire recipe (8 nuggets): 147 calories, 4.5g fat, 360mg sodium, 19.5g carbs, 5g fiber, 3g sugars, 10g protein
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar-free French vanilla powdered creamer
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 light hot dog bun
- 2 teaspoons light whipped butter or light buttery spread
- Optional topping: sugar-free pancake syrup
In a wide bowl, mix powdered creamer with 1⁄2 tablespoon hot water and stir to dissolve.
Add egg substitute and cinnamon. Stir well.
Split bun in half. Cut each half widthwise into 4 pieces, leaving you with 8 “nuggets.”
Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add butter and let it coat the bottom. Meanwhile, coat nuggets on all sides with egg mixture.
Cook nuggets, flipping occasionally, until golden brown on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes. Enjoy!
Makes 1 Serving
Hungry Cowgirl Onion Rings
1⁄2 of recipe (about 15 rings): 148 calories, 3g fat, 441mg sodium, 34g carbs, 8.5g fiber, 6.5g sugars, 5g protein
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄2 cup Fiber One Original bran cereal
- 1 ounce (about 15) reduced-fat BBQ-flavored potato chips
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon ranch dressing/dip seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce with 45 calories or less per 2-tablespoon serving
• Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray.
• Slice off onion’s ends and remove outer layer. Cut into 1⁄2-inch-wide slices, and separate into rings.
• In a blender or food processor, grind cereal and chips into crumbs. Transfer to a wide bowl and mix in minced onion and ranch mix.
• In another wide bowl, whisk egg substitute with BBQ sauce. One at a time, dunk rings in the egg mixture, shake to remove excess, and coat with crumbs. Evenly lay rings on the baking sheets.
• Bake for 10 minutes. Flip rings. Continue to bake until outside is crispy and inside is soft, 10 to 15 minutes. Chew, you!
Makes 2 Servings
Diet Soda Cake
- 1⁄12th of cake: 171 calories, 3.5g fat, 301mg sodium, 34g carbs, <0.5g fiber, 19g sugars, 1.5g protein
- 1 box moist-style cake mix (15.25 to 18.25 ounces)
- One 12-ounce can diet soda
• Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch by 13-inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
• In a large bowl, whisk cake mix with soda until smooth. Pour into the baking pan.
• Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
• Slice and enjoy!
Makes 12 Servings
Red Hot Apple Pie in a Cup
Entire recipe: 140 calories, 0.5g fat, 44mg sodium, 47g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 24.5g sugars, 0.5g protein
- 1 medium Fuji apple, cored and cut into 1⁄2-inch cubes
- 12 to 15 pieces Red Hots Cinnamon Flavored Candy
- 2 low-fat cinnamon graham crackers (1⁄2 sheet), crushed
- 2 tablespoons Fat Free Reddi-wip
- Dash cinnamon
• Place apple cubes in a microwave-safe cup or mug. Top with Red Hots—the more you use, the hotter the results! Cover and microwave for 2 minutes.
• Stir well. Re-cover and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, until apple cubes are soft.
• Mix well. Let cool.
• Top with crushed graham crackers, Reddi-wip, and cinnamon. Voila!
Makes 1 Serving
Sausage-Loaded Pizza Bellas
1⁄2 of recipe (1 pizza-bella): 189 calories, 6.5g fat, 565mg sodium, 14g carbs, 3g fiber, 4.5g sugars, 17g protein
- 2 sticks light string cheese
- 2 large portabella mushrooms, stems
- chopped and reserved
- 2 frozen meatless or turkey sausage patties
- with 80 calories or less each
- 1⁄4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1⁄4 cup pizza sauce
- Optional toppings: garlic powder, red pepper flakes
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
• Break each string cheese stick into thirds and place in a blender or food processor—blend at high speed until shredded. (Or pull into shreds and roughly chop.)
• Place mushroom caps on the sheet, rounded sides down. Bake until slightly tender, about 8 minutes. Remove sheet, but leave oven on.
• Meanwhile, bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Cook sausage patties for 4 minutes. Flip patties and add pepper, onion, and mushroom stems. Cook, stirring veggies, until sausage patties are cooked through and veggies are slightly softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
• Transfer cooked chopped veggies to a medium bowl and blot away excess moisture. Chop or crumble sausage.
• Blot away excess moisture from mushroom caps. Spread with pizza sauce, sprinkle with shredded string cheese, and top with cooked veggies and sausage.
• Bake until mushrooms are tender, filling is hot, and string cheese has melted, 8 to 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Makes 2 Servings