Market District Recipe: Butternut Squash & Gruyere Casserole
Thanksgiving is a little over a week away and if you’re looking for a new dish to impress your family and friends, be sure to try this one from the Giant Eagle Market District!
Butternut Squash and Gruyere Casserole
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- 2.5 lbs Buttternut Squash, peeled, thinly sliced
- ½ lb Gran Cru Gruyere, shredded
- 1 Tbls Unsalted butter, diced
- 1 cup Market District Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 6-8 leaves Fresh Sage, minced
- 2 tsp Sea or Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp Fresh ground black pepper
- ½ tsp Market District Apple Pie Spice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Toss all ingredients together in a bowl until evenly coated.
3. Grease a 9×9 baking dish and press squash into dish and pour any remaining liquid over the top.
4. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until squash is tender..
5. Uncover and bake until the top is golden brown about 10 additional minutes.