Market District Recipe: Beef Tenderloin & Horseradish Cream
If you’re looking for a new delicious dish for your Christmas dinner, be sure to try out this recipe from the Giant Eagle Market District!
Thyme and Garlic Roasted Beef Tenderloin with Fresh Horseradish Cream
Prep Time: 30 min.
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- 1-5lb+ Whole Beef Tenderloin
- 2 Tbls Fresh Thyme, minced
- 2 Tbls Fresh Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbls Olive Oil
- 2 Tbls. Kosher Salt
- 2 Tbls. Freshly ground black pepper
1. Clean beef by removing the chain (reserve for beef tips or grinding), additional fat and silver skin from beef tenderloin. Or have our butchers do this for you.
2. Pre heat oven to 425°.
3. Blot beef with paper towel to remove any residual moisture.
4. Evenly coat beef with oil and rub with thyme, garlic, salt and pepper.
5. Place tenderloin on a roasting rack and into oven.
6. Roast for 20 minutes.
7. To check internal temperature use a calibrated thermometer and stick it into center of thickest piece, the “butt” of the tenderloin.
8. Pull tenderloin when it reaches 145˚F.
9. Let beef “rest” for at least 10 minutes before carving to let the juices redistribute.
10. Serve with homemade Horseradish Sauce.
Fresh Horseradish Cream
Prep Time: 10 min.
- 16 oz Sour Cream
- 2 Tbls Fresh Horseradish, grated
- 2 Tbls Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbls Fresh Parsley, minced
- 1 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 1 Tbls. Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
1. Whisk all ingredients together.
2. Cover and store below 40˚F.