Local

Home Catches Fire After Man Uses Space Heater To Thaw Pipes

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

david_highfield David Highfield
You may have seen David at the anchor desk or reporting in the field,...
Read More

NORTH UNION TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — A man was trying to thaw pipes with a space heater under his mobile home in North Union Township before the home caught fire Friday afternoon.

Carl Yeagley’s son Gary says he, his mother and sister were inside when they saw the smoke.

They had only enough time to grab some of their dogs, but in doing so, Gary Yeagley says his dad breathed in a lot of smoke.

He was flown to UPMC Mercy, but was later released, according to his family.

The mobile home was destroyed, and the family lost a puppy in fire.

Gary Yeagley wants to thank firefighters for their efforts.

RELATED LINKS:
More North Union Township News
More Fayette County News

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,250 other followers