“BUCKWILD” Cast Member Found Dead
Get Breaking News First
Hot On CBS Pittsburgh
SISSONVILLE, W.Va. (KDKA/CBS) – Authorities in West Virginia say a star of the MTV reality show “BUCKWILD” and two passengers all died of carbon monoxide poisoning.
West Virginia authorities say that Shain Gandee, one of the stars of the MTV reality show “BUCKWILD,” has been found dead, along with his uncle and a third, unidentified person.
Kanawha County Sheriff’s Cpl. B.D. Humphreys says 21-year-old “BUCKWILD” cast member Shain Gandee, his 48-year-old uncle David Gandee and 27-year-old Donald Robert Myers were found Monday near Sissonville.
Authorities had been searching for the men since early Sunday morning. They were last seen around 3 a.m. Sunday at a bar in Sissonville and they told people they were going driving off-road.
Gandee’s 1984 Ford Bronco was stuck in a mud hole, its tail pipe submerged. It’s possible the gas could have filled the cabin because of the clogged exhaust pipe.
The Kanawha County Sheriff’s Department says autopsies completed Tuesday confirmed the three men died from the gas.
Their deaths have been ruled accidental.
Humphreys said state police were getting ready to send out an aviation unit to search for the men when authorities received a call Monday morning that a vehicle was found wrecked in a muddy area a few miles from Gandee’s home in Sissonville, about 15 miles outside of Charleston.
Humphreys described the scene as being very remote and inaccessible by police vehicles, with investigators forced to use ATV’s to gain access to the site.