If you’re looking to try something new for dinner, be sure to check out this recipe from Chef Bill Fuller!
Creamy Buttermilk Polenta and Red Sauce
- 6 C. Buttermilk, whole milk or water
- 1 C. Stone-ground polenta
- 4 Tbs. Unsalted butter
- ½ C. Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 qt. Good tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
1. Heat the liquid in a large pot to boiling.
2. Add the polenta in a stream, whisking constantly until all the polenta is incorporated.
3. Turn the heat to very low and cook until all of the polenta is tender — with stone-ground polenta, the size of the grain will vary, and larger pieces will take longer to cook than small ones. The cooking time should be 45-60 minutes; stir frequently endlessly with a wooden spoon.
4. While finishing polenta, bring sauce to a simmer.
5. Stir in 2 Tbs. butter and Parmesan, season with salt and pepper.
6. Finish sauce by whisking in remaining 2 Tbs. butter and adjust seasonings.