Local

Girl, 14, Saves Family From Knoxville Blaze

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

(Source: KDKA-TV) Heather Abraham
Pittsburgh native Heather Abraham joined KDKA in Decembe...
Read More

KNOXVILLE (KDKA) – A 14-year-old girl is credited with saving her family, by waking them up and getting them out after a fire started in her bedroom Monday morning.

As firefighters were getting to the home on Arabella Street in Knoxville, flames could be seen shooting from the house.

The fire, believed to have started from faulty electrical lines, started in 14-year-old Dalasia Bryant’s bedroom while she was still asleep.

“The outlet is right pushed right by my bed so after the outlet was on fire, my bed started to get on fire,” Bryant said.

Dalasia’s hair was singed in the fire, but instead of being scared, she rushed to get her family up and out.

“My mom was half way up already, because she smelled it in her room. That’s when I ran downstairs to wake my brothers and sister up. I told them the house was on fire,” Bryant said.

The mom and her six kids got out, but the fire devastated the house.

Dalasia, knowing her family lost a lot this morning, said that at least they have each other.

“Some people don’t make it out of the houses. So, I’m lucky, we’re a lucky family,” she said.

The family isn’t sure what their next moves will be. They’re hoping to salvage what they can from the home, but have been told that they cannot stay in the house.

Stay With KDKA.com For More Details

RELATED LINKS

More Local News
More Knoxville News
More Reports From Heather Abraham

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,245 other followers