Chef Bill Fuller Recipe: Skirt Steak With Garlic Scape Chimichurri
Chef Bill Fuller stopped by Pittsburgh Today Live today to show off another delicious dish!
Grilled Skirt Steak, Garlic Scape Chimichurri, Asparagus-Scape Mafaldi
- 2-3 # Skirt steak
- 2-3 Tbs. Olive oil
- 2 Tbs. Kosher Salt
- 1-2 Tbs. Ground black pepper
- Garlic Scape Chimichurri
- Asparagus-Scape Mafaldi
- Crusty Bread
1. Rub steaks with olive oil. Season well with salt pepper. Allow meat to come to room temperature.
2. Prepare Garlic Scape Chimichurri
3. Start Asparagus-Scape Mafaldi.
4. Pre-heat grill and get coals nice and hot.
5. Grill steaks to medium. Skirt can be tough rare and well done. Set aside to rest for five minutes.
6. Cut bread in thick slices. Grill until nicely toasted.
7. After steak has rested, slice across the grain for maximum tenderness.
8. Finish Asparagus-Scape Mafaldi. Place on plates.
9. Portion steak on the plates. Drizzle with Garlic Scape Chimichurri.
Garlic Scape Chimichurri
- ½ C. Roughly chopped parsley, lightly packed
- ½ C. Roughly hopped oregano, lightly packed
- ¼ C. Torn sage leaves
- ½ C. Chopped garlic scapes
- Olive oil (about ½ C.)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place all ingredients except oil, salt and pepper in a blender. Puree.
2. While pureeing, drizzle in olive oil. Season to taste
3. Alternately, use a mortar and pestle.
- 1 # Mafaldi pasta
- 2 Tbs. Whole butter
- ¼ C. Sliced garlic scapes
- 1 # Asparagus, cut into 1” chunks
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ C. Grated Parmesan
- Soft whole butter
- Salt and pepper
- Pine nuts
1. Place a pot of salted water on to boil.
2. Heat a skillet over low heat. Add 2 Tbs. of butter and scapes.
3. Bring up gently, allowing the scapes to partially cook.
4. Add asparagus and allow to cook until just tender. Remove from heat.
5. When at pasta pot is at high boil, add mafaldi. Cook until done. Drain, reserving some of the pasta water.
6. Add pasta, lemon zest, cheese, and a little pasta water to vegetables making a light sauce.
7. Simmer a moment and finish with butter.
8. Sprinkle with pine nuts