PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – The Pittsburgh Penguins won’t have much time to dwell upon what could have been as the preseason will open up in a couple of months.
According to the teams official website, the Penguins’ first preseason game will be Sunday, Sept.15 on the road in Columbus. The puck will drop at 6 p.m.
The Penguins will play the Columbus Blue Jackets, Detroit Red Wings and newly-crowned Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks twice each.
Their first home game of the preseason will be on Monday, Sept. 16 against Detroit.
The entire schedule is as follows:
- Sunday, Sept. 15 at Columbus – 6 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 16 vs. Detroit – 7 p.m.
- Thursday Sept. 19 at Chicago – TBA
- Saturday, Sept. 21 vs. Columbus – 4 p.m.
- Monday, Sept. 23 vs. Chicago – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 25 at Detroit – 7:30 p.m.
The fourth annual Free Game for Kids event will be when the Blue Jackets come to town on Sept. 21.
Details of that event as well as the broadcast schedule have not been released at this time.
You can follow me on Twitter at http://twitter.com/sheavedice