If you’re looking for a delicious new recipe to try, be sure to give this one a try from Chef Bill Fuller!
Grilled skirt steak, corn and manchego cheese saute
- 2-3 lb. Skirt steak
- 2-3 Tbs. Olive oil
- 2 Tbs. Kosher Salt
- 1-2 Tbs. Ground black pepper
1. Rub steaks with olive oil. Season well with salt pepper. Allow meat to come to room temperature.
2. Start Corn and Manchego Sauté.
3. Start Cavatelli with Tomato Smash.
4. Pre-heat grill and get coals nice and hot.
5. Grill steaks to medium. Skirt can be tough rare and well done. Set aside to rest for five minutes.
6. After steak has rested, slice across the grain for maximum tenderness.
7. Finish Corn and Manchego Sauté
8. Place steak on plates. Top with Corn and Manchego Sauté.
Corn and Manchego Sauté
- 2 C. Cut fresh corn (approx. 4 ears)
- Lots of picked basil
- About ½ C. long grated Manchego cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Melt butter in small pot.
2. Add corn, toss until hot.
3. Toss with basil and cheese. Adjust season
Cavatelli with Tomato Smash
- Extra Virgin olive oil
- 3-6 ea. Cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 2 lbs. Heirloom tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 1 lb. Cavatelli pasta
- 2 Tbs. Whole butter
- 1/4 C. Picked Tarragon
- 1/2 C. Shaved Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
1. Place a pot of salted water on to boil.
2. Heat a skillet over low heat. Add 2 Tbs. of olive oil and garlic.
3. Bring up gently, allowing the garlic to partially cook.
4. Add tomatoes and allow to heat until just soft. Remove from heat.
5. When at pasta pot is at high boil, add cavatelli. Cook until done. Drain, reserving some of the pasta water.
6. Add pasta to tomatoes. Toss well.
7. Simmer a moment and finish with butter and tarragon.
8. Toss with cheese.
9. Adjust salt and pepper.