PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Need a healthy, tasty side dish to bring to your holiday parties? Try Elise the Diva Chef’s Green Beans with Caramelized Shallots and Almonds!
It’s sure to be a crowd pleasing side dish!
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- ½ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
In a pot of salted water, blanch green beans for three minutes; remove them with a large straining spoon into a large bowl of ice water.
Let them cool down and stop the cooking process for about five minutes, stirring a little.
Add olive oil to pan and melt two tablespoons of butter.
Place shallots and honey into pan.
Stir and allow caramelizing until golden brown.
Add green beans, remaining butter, and sliced almonds.
Mix ingredients together and after one minute add lemon zest.
Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Yield: 8 servings