Prediction Machine Makes NFL Playoff and BCS Title Game Picks
Buy Steelers Tickets
PITTSBURGH (93-7 THE FAN) — Paul Bessire, better known by the name of his simulation program, “The Prediction Machine,” joined The Fan Morning Show in his regular weekly spot on Thursday to offer up the machine’s predictions for the NFL playoffs and the BCS National Championship game, and share the perspective it offers on the Steelers’ roller-coaster 2013 season.
You can find more from Bessire at PredictionMachine.com.
Here are some of the machine’s insights that he shared:
- Is said the Steelers went from having a .8% chance of making the playoffs earlier this season to having more than an 80% chance of making it at one point on Sunday
- It sees the Chiefs covering against the Colts
- It suggests taking the over in Saints vs. Eagles, calling that one of the best plays of the weekend
- It has the Saints covering, but considers that to be a very weak play.
- It suggests that Phillip Rivers to thrive and lead the Chargers to a cover against the favored Bengals.
- It has the 49ers covering against the Packers as the strongest play of the weekend.
- It has the NFC winning the Super Bowl 59% of the time.
- Seattle over Denver is its Super Bowl pick.
- It sees favored Florida St. as a good play in the BCS National Championship Game already as it is, but Bessire expects it to become an even better one, as he thinks there will be a lot of action on Auburn leading up to the game because of how popular they are, which should shrink the spread and give Florida St. an even better chance of covering.
Bessire joins The Fan Morning Show every Thursday at 9:20 a.m.
The interview can be heard here: