For a healthy food option, try chef Anthony Marino’s Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls!
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms (cut into thin strips)
- 2 oz think rice vermicelli noodles cooked and cooled
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 Tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp. garlic
- 1/2 Tbps. chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1/4 lb shirmp deveined, boiled, peeled and butterflied
- 1/4 lb fresh bean sprout
- 1 pack rice paper rounds
- 8 large leaves
- Boston Lettuce
- 3/4 cup fresh mint
- 1 bunch of chives cut into sticks
1. Sauté mushrooms and cook until tender. Let cool
2. Assemble all ingredients and have them prepared on work suface.
3. Next fill a pie plate with warm water , immerse one sheet of rice paper in water for a few seconds just until soft and flexible
4. Next build roll starting with the lettuce and adding the remaining ingredients
5. To fold the bottom 2in border of the rice paper over the filling. Fold over and enclose the leaf on the right and left edges.
6. Transfer the spring roll seam side down to a platter serve with dipping sauce
7. Thai dipping sauce combine sugar ,fish sauce, lime juice ,garlic , chili sauce together in a bowl whisk and serve.
- 80 calories
- 20 calories from fat
- 3 grams sat. fat
- 2 grams carbs
- 190 mg sodium
- 15 mg cholesterol
- 2g fiber