ROBINSON TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — Crews battled the icy cold temperatures while they worked to bring a house fire under control in Robinson Township Friday evening.
The home, located in the 200-block of August Drive, went up in flames around 7 p.m.
A woman and her dogs escaped.
She says the fire may have started in the fireplace.
“It happened so fast and I saw it was coming in the house that quick,” said Kelly Sklarsky, the homeowner. “I was only home for maybe 10 or 15 minutes, I was out at the store. My main concern was just to get the dogs and get out. I called 911 as quick as I could.”
No injuries were reported.
Fire crews say they had some problems with freezing lines.