Local

Woman, Dogs Escape House Fire In Robinson Twp.

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

(Photo Credit: KDKA)

ROBINSON TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — Crews battled the icy cold temperatures while they worked to bring a house fire under control in Robinson Township Friday evening.

The home, located in the 200-block of August Drive, went up in flames around 7 p.m.

A woman and her dogs escaped.

She says the fire may have started in the fireplace.

“It happened so fast and I saw it was coming in the house that quick,” said Kelly Sklarsky, the homeowner. “I was only home for maybe 10 or 15 minutes, I was out at the store. My main concern was just to get the dogs and get out. I called 911 as quick as I could.”

No injuries were reported.

Fire crews say they had some problems with freezing lines.

RELATED LINKS:
More Robinson Township News
More Local News

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 6,250 other followers