If you’re throwing a Super Bowl party, you need to have wings! Chef Bill Fuller stopped by PTL today to show off a great recipe that will be perfect for your party!
Jerked Wings and Bean Dip
- 5 # chicken wings, the largest you can buy
- 1 C. Walkers wood jerk seasoning
- 2 ea. Large Ziploc bags
- Cilantro Cream Sauce
1) At least tree hours before cooking (and preferably the day before) marinate the wings by placing them into the bags and adding the jerk marinade. Use rubber gloves as the marinade can burn your skin.
2) Squish the bags around with vigor and joy.
3) Allow to marinate quietly.
4) If oven roasting, preheat oven to 400°. Place a sheet pan with a rack on it in the oven.
5) Spread wings out on the rack. Cook until done, about 40 minutes.
6) If grilling, fire up the grill. If charcoal, allow to burn down past super hot. If gas, heat to medium.
7) Pull wings out of bags and place on grill. Be prepared for flare-ups and sticking. Close cover so the wings roast.
8) Cook wings on one side. Turn. Close grill again.
9) When wings are done, dip and eat.
Cilantro Cream Sauce
- ½ C. Picked parsley
- 1 C. Picked cilantro
- ½ C. Spinach
- 1 ea. Large shallot, chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 ea. Scallions, cut into rings
- ½ C. Mayonnaise
- ½ C. Sour Cream
- Salt and pepper
1) Combine all ingredients except sour cream and mayonnaise in a blender. Puree well.
2) Add mayonnaise and sour cream. Puree until smooth.
3) Season with salt and pepper
Kaya’ Black Bean Dip
- ½ can Chipotle peppers
- 3 Cup Cooked black beans
- 1 Cup Mayonnaise
- ¾ Cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. Chili powder
- ½ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp. Salt (adjust to taste)
- Grated cheese (Monterey Jack, Chihuahua, mozzarella)
- Chips for dipping (Terra Chips, tortilla chips, whatever you want)
1. Puree chipotle peppers with half the black beans.
2. Combine puree with remaining ingredients.
3. Place in heatproof container(s).
4. Top with grated cheese and heat in oven or microwave.