If you’re looking for a delicious new seafood recipe, give this one a try from Chef Bill Fuller!
Roasted Salmon, Cannellini Beans, Spinach, Beech Mushrooms, Cipollini Onions, Rosemary
- 1 # Cannellini beans
- 2 ½ qt. Light stock
- 1 ea. Bay leaf
- 3-4 ea. Garlic cloves
- 1 # Cippolini onions, peeled
- 1-2 Tbs. Olive oil
- 3-4 ea. Thyme sprigs
- 2 8 oz. Portions salmon filet, preferably Wild Alaskan
- 2 Tbs. Oil, either peanut or grape seed
- 2 C . Beech mushrooms
- 2 Tbs. Whole butter
- 1 Tbs. Rosemary, chopped
- ¼ C. White wine
- 4 Tbs. Butter
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
1. Start beans cooking at least 2 hours prior. Place beans in a pot with stock, bring to a boil, and simmer low until tender. Reserve.
2. Place Cipollini onions, and olive oil in a medium skillet. Bring up to high-medium heat. Shake pan occasionally to keep onions cooking on all sides.
3. When browned, add thyme sprigs and place skillet in 350° oven. Cook for 10-15 minutes until soft. Reserve.
4. Heat two large skillets over high heat.
5. Blot salmon filets dry with paper towel. Season well with salt and pepper.
6. Add oil to pan. Place salmon in oil, non-skin side down.
7. When well browned, turn and allow to finish on second side. Cook to medium rare to medium. Remove from skillet and hold warm.
8. Meanwhile, add beech mushrooms and 2 Tbs. of butter to second skillet. Season well with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes until just cooked.
9. Add rosemary and deglaze with white wine. Toss in spinach to just wilt.
10. Quarter cipollini onions.
11. Place spinach and mushrooms in a mound leaving liquid in the pan.
12. Return skillet to stove. Add cipollini onions and swirl in remaining 4 Tbs. butter.
13. Adjust seasonings.
14. Spoon sauce around plate.