BUTLER COUNTY (KDKA) — Officials were on the scene of a fire in a storage tank, at a Rex Energy gas well pad Tuesday night.
It’s located on Meridian Road, in Butler Township, Butler County.
No evacuations were ordered, and, there were no injuries.
The flames were confined to a storage tank that contained a natural gas by-product.
A Rex Energy spokesman released a statement late tonight saying, in part, that the integrity of the pad remained intact, and it took firefighters less than an hour to bring the flames under control. The fire did not spread to an adjacent tank.
The spokesman also said there was no indication the fire caused any environmental or health problems.
Photos shared on twitter showed the large flames coming from the well pad:
Firefighters contain "small fire" in a production tank at a Rex Energy gas well pad in Butler Twp. No one hurt pic.twitter.com/YOmc7j5O6y
— Ralph Iannotti (@IannottiRalph) May 21, 2014
Firefighters used a chemical agent, and water to put out the flames.