PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — If you’re heading downtown this weekend, be ready for some street closures and parking restrictions as part of the annual Pittsburgh Pride event.
The closures will begin early on Saturday ahead of that evening’s Chaka Khan concert.
Those closures include:
- Liberty Avenue between 9th and Grant Streets
- Smithfield Street between Liberty and 7h Avenues
The closures begin at 4 a.m. Saturday and will remain in place through Sunday at 11 p.m.
Then, on Sunday, city officials say there will be limited street closures for the Pride March between noon and 1 p.m.
This is the route the parade will follow:
- Begins on the Boulevard of the Allies
- Turns left onto Grant Street, using the outbound lanes
- Another left onto Fifth Avenue
- Right onto Liberty Avenue
- Ending on Sixth and Liberty
Following the parade, the Pridefest event will take place from 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at 7th and Liberty Avenue.
As for parking restrictions, city officials say restrictions will be in place after 7 a.m. for Sunday’s parade. Signs will be posted beginning Saturday.
The restrictions will be in place at:
- Both sides of the Boulevard of the Allies from Grant to Market Streets
- Fifth Avenue between Grant Street and Liberty Avenue
- Liberty Avenue between Fifth and Seventh Streets