PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — PennDOT is announcing overnight closures of the inbound Liberty Bridge and Liberty Tunnel will occur Wednesday through Saturday nights, Sept. 28-Oct. 1.
Overnight closures will occur from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. One outbound lane will be maintained on the bridge and through the tunnel. Inbound traffic will be detoured at the south portal of the Liberty Tunnel.
- Take Route 51 (Saw Mill Run Boulevard) northbound
- Take the exit to I-376 West/US 19 South toward Carnegie/Airport/West End
- Take Exit 69A toward US 19 South/Banksville Road
- Keep left and loop back to I-376 eastbound toward Fort Pitt Tunnel
- Follow eastbound I-376 through Fort Pitt Tunnel and across the Fort Pitt Bridge
- For access to I-279 destinations follow I-279 signage, all other destinations take exit toward I-376 East/Monroeville
- Take the left exit 71A to Grant Street
- Turn left onto Grant Street
- End detour
The closure is necessary to allow the contractor to set new stringers. The normal traffic configurations for the Liberty Bridge project will occur between 5 a.m. and 8 p.m. daily.