Summer is a great time to incorporate fresh corn into your meals. Chef Bill Fuller stopped by PTL to show off a few delicious ways to do just that!
Elote, Corn Salsa, Corn and Chicken Tacos
- 2 C. Grilled Corn kernels
- 2 Tbs. Cotija cheese
- ¼ C. Chipotle Aioli
- 2 tsp. Your favorite Hot Sauce
- 2 tsp. Chopped Cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Basket of Chips
1) In a stainless bowl, mix together corn, aioli, and 2 tsp. of Cotija cheese.
2) Put corn into bowl/boat.
3) Sprinkle with remaining 1 tsp. of Cotija cheese.
4) Add a few drops (about 1 tsp.) of spicy sauce to the top.
5) Sprinkle with cilantro
- 2 ea. Chipotle peppers (with a little of the liquid)
- 1-2 ea. Garlic cloves
- Zest and juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 ea. Egg yolks
- 1-2 Tbs cold water
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 ½ C. Neutral oil (Canola or Soybean)
1) Place chipotle peppers, garlic, lemon zest and juice, egg yolk, water and salt in blender barrel. Puree.
2) While pureeing, slowly drizzle in blended oil.
3) When done, store in a squeeze bottle.
Grilled Chicken and Corn Tacos
- 12 ea. Street taco size tortillas
- 2 # Marinated Chicken
- 1 C. Thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 C. Grilled Corn Salsa
- ¼ C. Chopped Cilantro
- 6-2 ea. Radishes, sliced thinly
- Cilantro Cream Sauce
- Lime wedges
1) Heat cast iron griddle over medium heat.
2) Grill chicken and slice thinly.
3) Warm tortillas on griddle.
4) Spread chicken on tortillas. Top with remaining ingredients.
5) Squeeze lime over and eat.
Marinated Chicken (See below)
- 4 ea. 8 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tsp Ancho chili powder
- 1 Tbsp Mexican Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 limes
1. Place chicken breasts in a non-reactive dish.
2. Whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken.
3. Allow to marinate for 1 hour.
Grilled Corn Salsa
- 4 ea. Cobs of corn, grilled and cut off the cob
- ½ C Diced tomato
- ¼` C. Diced red onion, rinsed
- ¼ C. Roasted green chilis, diced
- ½ ea. Jalapeno, seeded and diced small
- 2 Tbs. Chopped cilantro
- 3 ea. Scallions, sliced into rings
- 3-4 ea. Leaves of basil, diced small
- 1 Ea. Clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ C. Tomatillo Guacamole
- Salt and pepper to taste
1) Combine all ingredients.
2) Season with salt and pepper.
- 2 C. Tomatillos, washed, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 ea. Jalapenos, stems and seeds removed
- 1 Tbs. Salt
- 2 tsp. Cumin
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ C. Cilantro, rough chopped
- 2 ea. Avocados, peeled and seeded (3 avocados if they are small)
1) Combine tomatillos, jalapenos, spices, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender. Puree.
2) Dice avocado into chunks and place in a large bowl. Pour tomatillo mixture over and mix gently.
3) Adjust seasonings.
Cilantro Cream Sauce
- ½ C. Picked parsley
- 1 C. Picked cilantro
- ½ C. Spinach
- 1 ea. Large shallot, chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 3 ea. Scallions, cut into rings
- ½ C. Mayonnaise
- ½ C. Sour Cream
- Salt and pepper
1) Combine all ingredients except sour cream and mayonnaise in a blender. Puree well.
2) Add mayonnaise and sour cream. Puree until smooth.
3) Season with salt and pepper