By The Centers for Disease Control & Prevention Visiting the doctor can be a scary time for some, even when all that’s expected is a routine check-up. So imagine the kinds of worries some may […]
By The American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons Avoiding alcohol, regular exercise, and sticking to a healthy diet are just a few of the ways you can reduce your chances of developing colorectal cancer. […]
By The American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons This article explains the importance of testing for symptoms that may reveal a disease or condition that could lead to colon or rectal cancer. What is […]
By The American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons Some say ignorance is bliss, but experience tends to prove otherwise. Make sure you’re informed about the truths and misconceptions concerning colorectal cancer by reviewing this […]
By The American Society of Colon & Rectal Surgeons Colorectal cancer – cancer of the colon and rectum – is the second leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States for both men and […]
By The Colon Cancer Alliance Did your grandparents have colon cancer? Have any of your relatives ever had polyps? Knowing the answers to questions like these could tell you if you are at an increased […]
In cities across America, parents and children crawl through a playground of polyps and colon tissue in an effort to gain a better understanding of colorectal cancer.
Several well-known figures have been hit with colorectal cancer, some becoming survivors and others falling to the aggressive disease.
RESOURCES & EXPERT ANSWERS
- Cleveland Clinic: Take The Colorectal Cancer Risk Assessment
- American Gastroenterological Association
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons
- American Cancer Society
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Prevent Cancer Foundation
- Colon Cancer Alliance
- C3: Colorectal Cancer Coalition
- Colon Club
- STOP Colon Rectal Cancer
- National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship
- Coalition of National Cancer Cooperative Groups
- Cancer Care
- Cancer Hope Network
- Hereditary Colon Cancer Association
- Onco Link
- Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center
- The Jay Monahan Center for Gastrointestinal Health
- City of Hope
- Colon Cancer Coalition
- Get Your Rear in Gear Blog
- Colorectal Facts: True Or False?
- Colorectal Cancer Screening Saves Lives pocket brochure
- Fast Facts pocket brochure insert
- Questions to Ask Your Doctor pocket brochure insert
- Risk Factors and Symptoms pocket brochure insert
- Screening Tests At-a-Glance pocket brochure insert
MayoClinic.com: Colorectal Cancer
MayoClinic.com: Digestive Diseases
- Fiber supplements: Are they safe to take every day?
- Celiac disease diet: How do I get enough grains?
- Spastic colon: What does it mean?
- GERD: Can certain medications increase severity?
- Acid reflux and GERD: The same thing?
- Diverticulitis diet: Should I avoid nuts and seeds?
- IBS diet: Can yogurt ease symptoms?
- Crohn's disease symptom: Is fatigue common?
- IBS in children: Is it possible?
- Prebiotics: What are they?