Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- Energy Drinks May Lead To Heart Problems Young people are facing a life-threatening problem - all because of a drink that's completely legal.
- Local Diner Owner Says Cancer Diagnosis Showed Him How To Live What does it take to change your life? To really change it. To get you to quit dreaming about doing what you really want to do - and start doing it?
- Local Woman's Battle With Cancer Inspires Unique Non-Profit We only get so much time to live our lives. Some, more than others. But we all know there's an ending out there, someday. And being reminded of that reality - being confronted with it - can do amazing things.
- Pittsburgh VA Fires 2 Who Bound Co-Worker With Duct Tape The Veterans Affairs Pittsburgh Healthcare System has fired two workers and disciplined five others after a worker complained that he was harassed and bound with duct tape.
- Struggling Ambulance Services Want Help From Harrisburg Emily Wheeler of Valley Ambulance Service is a paramedic in perpetual motion, rushing to as many as a dozen calls a day.
- Researchers Make New Developments In Fight Against Alzheimer’s Disease Alzheimer's is a progressive disease that affects millions of Americans, and while there is no cure, new research is happening every day.
- Local Girl Recalls Meeting President Obama At Kids’ State Dinner At Phipps Conservatory, the sweet smell of success isn't limited to flowers.
- Study Looks At Keys To Weight Loss As Women Age A new study looked at the key to faster, more efficient weight-loss for women. As it turns out, it’s harder to get rid of fat as you age.
- Boy, 4, Doing Well After Transplant, To Be Guest Of Honor At Wounded Warrior Event One of two little boys who received organs from a girl who passed away in Nebraska is doing well enough to leave the hospital for a few hours on Saturday.
- Here's What To Do If You Find A Tick Bite If you find a tick on you or your kids, that does not automatically mean you have Lyme disease.
- Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Issues Rabies Alert For Area Doctors say the last time a person in the state of Pennsylvania tested positive for rabies was back in 1984. They want to keep it that way.
- Eye Test Can Help Predict Risk For Diabetes There's a new, non-invasive way to test for diabetes and it can actually predict who might be at greater risk of getting it.
- New Allergy Treatment Could Save Time & Cut Number Of Injections Are you tired of all the sneezing and watery eyes? Now, there's a new, less time-consuming way to treat allergies.
- Liver Transplant Patient’s Mom Thankful As Community Supports Blood Drive The Pittsburgh community has come through after a special request from a sick little boy and his family. It all came together Friday at the Petersen Events Center in Oakland.
- Family Giving Back, Holding Blood Drive After Boy’s Life-Saving Transplant A little boy who underwent a life-saving liver transplant has received a lot of attention. Now, his family is giving back.