Latest Pittsburgh Traffic
“When you’re driving, distractions are everywhere, whether we welcome them or not.”
Construction on Route 28 is in full swing and beginning Friday night, one change will dramatically impact southbound traffic headed towards the city.
There’s a twist in this weekend’s closure of the Squirrel Hill Tunnel. Crews are doing work on a dam at the Edgewood-Swissvale exit. The problem: the exit ramp has been a mode of re-entry to the Parkway for the Squirrel Hill Tunnel detour.
The Squirrel Hill Tunnel may not be closing this weekend, but PennDOT will still be working on some projects, affecting traffic.
Traveling Interstate 79 through Butler County may take you a little longer, at least for the next several months. Construction on a new project kicked off Thursday morning.
In a sign that warmer days are just around the corner, PennDOT announced some of its major spring road projects on Friday.
- PennDOT: Deteriorating McKnight Rd. Bridge To Be Replaced In 2015 2013/02/26
- Research Shows Traffic Jams Costing Commuters Hundreds Of Dollars 2013/02/05
- PennDOT Closes 1 Lane Of Business Rt. 22 Due To Buckling Road 2013/02/01
- Snowstorm Creates Messy Traffic Conditions Across Area 2013/01/25
- Ft. Pitt Blvd. Partially Closed Thursday For Paving 2013/01/09
- Winter Storm Prompts Closure Of Some Major Roads 2012/12/27
- Route 28 Follows New Traffic Pattern 2012/11/17
- Demolition Plans Revealed For St. Nicholas Church 2012/11/15
- Drivers Detoured By Tunnel Closure Warned To Watch For Trick-Or-Treaters 2012/11/02