Several Health Code Violations Reported At South Hills Village Mall RestaurantA restaurant at the South Hills Village Mall was found to have several health code violations during an inspection on Wednesday.
Dead Cat Found Near Mount Oliver Playground Tests Positive For RabiesHealth officials say that a dead cat that was found near a playground in Mount Oliver has tested positive for rabies.
'Too Many To Count' Mouse Droppings Found Near Snacks In Hill District Tobacco ShopThe Allegheny County Health Department says they found dead mice and "too many to count" droppings near snacks in a tobacco shop in the Hill District.
Tenant-Landlord Dispute Draws Scrutiny Of Allegheny Co. Health DepartmentThe Allegheny County Health Department is inspecting an apartment building in the city’s Knoxville section today after tenants reported the heat had been turned off inside.
ACHD Confirms First Human West Nile Virus Case In 2017The Allegheny County Health Department has confirmed its first human case of West Nile virus in 2017.
Developers Face Hearing For Massive Asbestos RemovalThe developers of the old Westinghouse research property in Churchill were called before a county health department hearing officer Monday, accused of illegally removing tons of asbestos materials from the building.
Health Dept. Issues Warning After Rabid Skunk Killed In CarrickThe Allegheny County Health Department is issuing a warning to Carrick residents after a rabid skunk was killed by a dog.
Chipotle Discloses Follow-Up Subpoena After Va. IllnessesChipotle says it received a follow-up subpoena requesting information tied to illnesses associated with a restaurant in Virginia this month.
Controller Calls Lead In Children A Crisis; Health Dept. DisagreesAllegheny County Controller Chelsa Wagner is calling high blood lead levels in Pittsburgh's children a public health crisis, but the health department disputes her claims.
Health Dept. Cracks Down On Restaurants, Sees 5-Fold Increase In Consumer AlertsThe Allegheny County Health Department is making no apologies for its crackdown on restaurant safety.
Rabid Cat Reported In Liberty BoroughThe Allegheny County Health Department wants to warn Liberty Borough residents about a report of a rabid cat in the area.
Allegheny Co. Slaps Owner Of Old Westinghouse Site With Biggest Asbestos Fine EverAfter Westinghouse abandoned the site, there were great expectations for the redevelopment of a sprawling property in Churchill.