People Urged To Take Precautions During Summer's 1st Dangerous Heat WaveA "dangerous heat wave" is moving through Pennsylvania this weekend.
Allegheny Co. Board Of Health To Vote On Making HPV Vaccine MandatoryA panel of doctors at UPMC say the HPV vaccine should become mandatory.
Health Department Advising Millvale Residents Of Rabid AnimalsThe Allegheny County Health Department is advising people in the Borough of Millvale to be on the lookout for rabid animals.
Downtown Restaurant’s Wood-Burning Oven Is Local Example Of Bigger Environmental ConcernThe Commoner’s wood-burning oven has been churning out delicious flatbreads, but also sending the smoke into the alley out back.
ACHD Considering HPV Vaccine Mandate For ChildrenThe Allegheny County Health Department is considering a mandate that would require 11 and 12-year-olds to receive one of three doses of the HPV vaccine before being admitted to school.
Munhall Family Dollar Closed Due To Rodent InfestationA Family Dollar in Munhall has been closed due to a rodent infestation.
Braddock Hills Restaurant Defies Health Department Orders To CloseA restaurant in Braddock Hills remained open Friday despite the Allegheny County Health Department's orders to close.
University Cafe Closed For Cleaning After Reports Of IllnessA cafe on the campus of Carnegie Mellon University in western Pennsylvania has been closed for cleaning after more than 40 people reported becoming ill after eating there last week.
Managing Mosquitoes Amid Zika Virus ConcernsThe mosquito that carries the Zika virus is a problem in Brazil.
Health Department Reaches Agreement With U.S. Steel CorporationThe Allegheny County Health Department announced Friday that they have come to an agreement with the United States Steel Corporation.
Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Updates Zika Situation At Board MeetingAt the Allegheny County Health Department Board of Health meeting, a timely topic was on the agenda Wednesday - Zika virus.
Woman Says She Found Cockroach In Houlihan's ChickenA woman is claiming to have found a cockroach in her carry out thai chicken from Houlihans.