Christine D'Antonio reporting

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Two men are behind bars in connection with the stabbing of Steelers right tackle Mike Adams.

According to police, Dquay Means, 26, of Hazelwood, was arrested Monday night after a foot chase with police. Earlier in the day, police arrested Michael Paranay, 25, of Hazelwood.

READ MORE: Pittsburgh-Area Shelters Expect Increased Need As Temperature Drops

Paranay is facing one count of criminal attempt homicide, one count of aggravated assault and one count of criminal conspiracy.

(Photo Courtesy: Michael Paranay)

(Photo Courtesy: Michael Paranay)

Means has been charged with criminal attempt homicide, aggravated assault, attempted carjacking, former convict not to possess a firearm, terroristic threats, criminal conspiracy and escape.

(Photo Courtesy: City of Pittsburgh Bureau of Police)

(Photo Courtesy: City of Pittsburgh Bureau of Police)

Police also hope to arrest a third suspect soon. They believe they know who he is.

Surveillance video helped police track down the suspects.

The video was taken from a South Side business. It shows the moments after Steelers right tackle Mike Adams was stabbed during an attempted carjacking at 17th and E. Carson Street early Saturday morning.

Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin spoke about the incident he calls an unfortunate circumstance.

“I visited with him a couple days this weekend,” Tomlin said. “He’s got great team support, family support. We expect a full recovery. He realizes how fortunate he is. We’re just glad he’s going to be OK.”

READ MORE: Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh To Adopt New Vaccine Requirement For Kids

Watch Kym Gable’s report:

Pittsburgh Police say the 23-year-old was standing near his parked car around 3 a.m. when three men confronted him. One had a gun, the other a knife.

Adams, who didn’t have his keys on him, says one man then pointed a gun at his head, while another man stabbed his stomach and arm.

“Mike don’t do anything to them all,” said Moeun McSwiggen who helped Adams. “All he do is like, is this for real?”

McSwiggen was working at the nearby Cambod-Ican Kitchen when Adams, a regular customer there, rushed into the store and asked for help.

Adams told police that after the stabbing, the men ran off.

Police say the people seen in the video are persons of interest.

Adams also tweeted a post-surgery photo of him at Mercy Hospital and told coach Tomlin that after six weeks of healing, he’ll be back on the field, with a new perspective.

“We recognize the world we live in and things like this are capable of happening,” Tomlin said.

MORE NEWS: 14 People Die From COVID-19 At Butler Memorial Hospital Since Friday

Local Restaurant Owner Witnessed Adams Stabbing
More South Side News
More Local News